TopView® version 7.0.1 SP1
TopView Alarm and Notification Software v7.0.1 SP1 available
TopView® version 7.0.1 Release
TopView Alarm and Notification Software v7.0.1
– TopView Applications are now 64-bit only
– Support for Microsoft Teams
– Incoming VOIP phone calls (Voice Dial-in)
– Schedules – Rotating days/weeks
– Web Configurator: Windows Authentication
– Support for WhatsApp (Experimental)
TopView® version 6.37.1 Release
TopView Alarm and Notification Software v6.37.1
– TopView for OPC UA release
– SMS: Support for SIP Instant Messaging
– SMS: Support for Yeastar TG Series devices
– SMS: Incoming SMS for Twilio
– Engine Health: Automatic Engine Warnings and Health report
– Watchdog TCP For Engine Monitoring and Redundancy
– Mobile Web App (MWA): Windows User/Group security
– Manual Tags (new feature)
– SCADA Connect Tag Importer release
Exele OPC Products and Hardening DCOM Changes (KB5004442)
Microsoft released a security update in June 2021 which will change the level of DCOM security required between OPC Classic clients and remote OPC servers. Exele OPC products can be patched to prevent connection failures.
Voice Calls: 10-digit dialing requirement for local numbers
Many area codes in the US will require dialing local numbers with the area code. This may break TopView voice calls for customers who have implemented 7-digit calling for local numbers.
Email: The End of Basic Authentication?
Many email services and IT departments are ending support for email clients that use “basic authentication”. TopView customers affected by these changes will need to upgrade to a version of TopView that supports modern authentication.