When an alarm occurs in TopView, it’s default state is “active and unacknowledged”.
Acknowledging an alarm provides feedback that the alarm has been observed and steps are underway to correct the problem.
TopView includes various features and functions related to to alarm acknowledge
- Reports of unacknowledged alarms
- Notification escalation based on alarm acknowledge state, alarm state, and time
- Filtering of local and remote UI views by acknowledge state
- Communication of acknowledge state to underlying data server (e.g. SCADA)
- Alarm acknowledge by the underlying data server (e.g. SCADA)
- Require comment/annotation upon acknowledge
TopView users can utilize multiple methods for acknowledging alarms