Alarm History / SQL Server
TopView stores all alarm event details (alarm, return to normal, acknowledge) and makes this alarm history available through
- Ad-hoc and scheduled TopView Alarm Reports.
- Alarm History and Analytics in the TopView Engine Window and Remote Viewer
- Alarm History in the Mobile Web App
By default, TopView stores alarm history to local files. As an option, TopView can also store the alarm history to Microsoft SQL Server.
When TopView stores alarm history in SQL Server
- Users can enter comments/annotations for current and previous alarm events
- Alarm history can be accessed by non-TopView applications through standard database reporting and querying tools
TopView alarm logging supports Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and later including the free Express versions of Microsoft SQL Server.